[Insight-users] Problem with installation of VTK

edoardo.belletti at alice.it edoardo.belletti at alice.it
Sun Feb 28 17:14:42 EST 2010

Hi
I have a problem in the installation of VTK, in particular in building cmake.
I have created a directory called /usr/local/vtk in which I have unrar tarball vtk-5.4.2.tar.gz
than I have Created a binary directory to compile the code:  /usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin
than changing directory to the binary directory, and running the CMake configuration tool in this way:

cd /usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin
ccmake ..

Now when I press 'c' to configure the output is that:

 CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:18 (FILE):
   file Internal CMake error when trying to open file:
   /usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin/VTKCompileToolsConfig.cmake for writing.

 CMake Error: Failed to create CMakeList file for
 /usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeLists.txt

 CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied

 CMake Error: Could not open file for write in copy operation
 /usr/local/vtk/VTK/bin/VTKBuildSettings.cmake.tmp

 CMake Error: : System Error: Permission denied

 CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeExportBuildSettings.cmake:31
 (CONFIGURE_FILE):