[Insight-users] getting started DiscreteGausianDerivativeImageFilter

Ivan Macia imacia at vicomtech.org
Sat Jan 2 07:48:09 EST 2010

Hi Richard,

I made this class long time ago. It seems like I didn't provide any test for
this class or at least I can't find it, my apologies.
Attached you can find a test program, a source test image and baseline
images for different orders of derivatives in each direction. I used sigma =
3.0 (variance = 9.0), and max_error = 0.001

Note that each instance of the filter applies the derivative in a single
direction for a given order. For example to calculate the first order
derivative in X and the second in Y you apply an instance of the filter in X
direction with order one and another in Y with order two. Even if you use
order zero in a direction you still have to use the filter for that
direction, because it will calculate the standard gaussian.
If you want a vector image you have to compose it yourself, wait for me to
develop the filter or do it yourself :)

If possible, it would be very nice if you could try the behaviour of the
filter with different spacing in each direction ( UseImageSpacingOn() ). I
think there was a pending issue with the handling of the spacing.

I guess I will have to upload a new version of the paper with new tests.
Since this is in Review currently I would need someone with CVS write access
to commit the tests too. Do you have it?

Regards

Iván