[Insight-users] How to build ITK+WrapITK-python+PyBuffer?

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 8 12:29:20 EST 2010

Julien Lamy wrote:
> Le 08/01/2010 16:50, Benjamin M. Schwartz a écrit :
>> Dear ITKists,
>>
>> I've spent the past few days trying to build ITK with the WrapITK python
>> bindings, including the PyBuffer class that links ITK to NumPy.  I have
>> tried, for example, enabling WRAP_ITK_PYTHON and ITK_USE_PYTHON_NUMARRAY.
>>  The build runs, but PyBuffer is not produced.
>>
>> How can I get PyBuffer and WrapITK out of itk-3.16.0?
>
> Hi Ben,
> Did you configure your PyBuffer build using
> ExternalProjects/WrapITK/CMakeLists.txt ?

I don't have any directory of the form */ExternalProjects/WrapITK/.  Do
you mean WrapITK/ExternalProjects/PyBuffer/?

> PyBuffer is what WrapITK calls
> an "external project", and so must be configured, built and installed
> /after/ you installed WrapITK. Use the CMakeLists.txt in
> ExternalProjects/WrapITK, tell it where you installed WrapITK, and you
> should be good to go.

Hmm.  That does make sense.  I just tried it, but it can't find my numpy
installation.  I get PYTHON_NUMARRAY_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND.  I don't know
why PyBuffer/FindNUMARRAY.cmake isn't working.

--Ben