[Insight-users] question about visualization of deformation field

Kaveh Kohan kaveh.kohan at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 10 17:22:17 EST 2010

Hello Everbody,

I have a problemn with interpreting deformation field shown by paraview plus some questions and I would be thankful if anybody can help.

- Does paraView only show .vtk files? I mean if I want to overlay deformation field with anatomical image I have to convert anatomical image to vtk format right? Is there any tool for that?

- I have tried paraview to visualize deformation field. Warped image (applying deformation field on moving image ) looks fine but when I view it in paraview using following this link:

http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2008-June/026264.html

location if deformation does not look right! I have uploaded moving-image, fixed-image, deformation field (in vtk and mhd/raw formats) in addition to snapshot of what I see. To me, it is about 60 degree rotated:

(foo.tar.gz)
http://www.4shared.com/file/193625658/15ff56f/footar.html

Since the warped image looks fine, I think that my algorithm is working but I have a problem with interpreting what I see in paraview. Perhaps, I am missing something or doing something wrong in Paraview. I would be thankful if you can help.

Regards,

ps: the foo.tar.gz file contains the following files:
defSimulatedImg_15.vtk:  deformation field in vtk format
defSimulatedImg_15.mhd/raw :  defromation field in raw/mhd format.
resSimulatedImg_15.mhd/raw :   warped images
SimulatedImg_15.mhd/raw : moving image
Template_1.mhd/mhd: fixed image
snapshot1.png :  snapshot of what I see in paraview.