[Insight-users] Specifying the collection of samples for MattesMutualInformation metric

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 13 13:02:31 EST 2010

Hi,

I need to specify the collection of samples that will be used in
metric calculations. I came across a relatively recent thread, from
which it seems this functionality should be available in the optimized
registration methods:

Quoting Luis from
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/insight-users/2009-August/031939.html:

"... the multi-threaded metrics are backward compatible.

[...]

You will find, however, several extra functionalities, like the
option of providing the collection of sample point to be used
for computing the metric ..."

However, when I look at the interface of ImageToImageMetric and
MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric, I do not see this function.
Moreover, when I look at the code for itkOptImageToImageMetric, it
does not look like the code was written to accept collection of
samples from the outside.

Am I missing something, or the functionality was supposed to be
available, but was not added?

Andriy Fedorov, Ph.D.

Research Fellow
Brigham and Women's Hospital