[Insight-users] Problem with Rigid Registration Mattes-MI and FixedImageMask

Serena Fabbri fabbri at u.washington.edu
Fri Jan 15 19:11:43 EST 2010

Hi All,

I am registering MRI and CT image with Rigid Registration and Mattes MI.
I use a mask for the fixed image (MRI) but I get this error:

ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0x1006b07c0)
Location: "void itk::MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,
TMovingImage>::GetValueAndDerivative(const typename itk::ImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,
TMovingImage>::ParametersType&, typename itk::ImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,
TMovingImage>::MeasureType&, typename itk::ImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,
TMovingImage>::DerivativeType&) const [with TFixedImage = itk::Image<float, 3u>, TMovingImage =
itk::Image<float, 3u>]"
File: /Users/InsightToolkit-
3.16.0/Code/Algorithms/itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.txx
Line: 1113
samples map outside moving image buffer: 0 / 47000

Err in Reg blocco

any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Serena