[Insight-users] ICP with surface normal.

superzz jxdw_zlf at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Jan 18 02:48:48 EST 2010

Hello
I am using itkPointSetToPointSetRegistrationMethod to do point cloud
registration.

The shape of my fixed points is a slope. Moving points are picked on the
slope upper surface. Due to environment restriction, I can only pick points
on several small some areas on the slope upper surface.

In some cases, the registration result is very well. But the others are not
good. In the bad cases, the transformed moving points lay UNDER the slope
upper surface. It is obviously incorrect because the points are picked on
the slope upper surface, not under its surface.

Does itk support taking surface normal into computation? Thus, the bad
results would not appear anymore.

Moreover, I want to set some verifcation points. Spatially, verifcation
points are far from fixed points. So ICP needs ensure transformed
verifcation points are far from fixed points also. e.g: distance >= 5mm.

Thanks

superZZ