[Insight-users] CT Lung Segmentation: Extract Outer Contours

frédéric salvador frederic.salvador at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:23:57 EST 2010

Hi Luis,

1) I will definitely have a look at this experimental
itkVotingBinaryHoleFillFloodingImageFilter you suggested.

2) I dont really need to extract the surface. I was more thinking about
trying to extract the outer surface (or the outer contour in extracted 2D
slice) and fill inside afterwards.

Besides, I had some success today to fill holes by using the
itkConnectedComponentImageFilter, and it doesnt take too much time.
Though it is not well adapted to fill holes which have contacts with the
surface, hence the necessity to use morphological filters...

Anyway, thank you very much for your fast answer and suggestions.

Best regards.

Fred