[Insight-users] GradientRecursiveGaussianImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jan 24 10:06:01 EST 2010

Hi Joanna,

Please put the call to Update() inside a try/catch block
and post to the list the message produced by the
Exception.

You will find many examples on how to do this in the
ITK Software Guide:

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

The code will look like:

    try
      {
      gradientFilter->Update();
      }
   catch( itk::ExceptionObject & excp )
     {
     std::cerr << excp << std::endl;
     }

---

If you only need to compute derivative in
certain points of the image, you may want
to use one of the following classes:

* ./Common/itkGaussianDerivativeImageFunction.h
* ./Common/itkGaussianDerivativeSpatialFunction.h
* ./Review/itkDiscreteGaussianDerivativeImageFunction.h