[Insight-users] itk 3.18 compilation with external vxl installation

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 08:43:01 EDT 2010

VXL made a non-backward compatible change to the API of vnl_sparse_matrix.

One of the vxl developers sent the folloing reply to a similar recent question:

You'll either have to update line 265 of
ITK/Code/Numerics/FEM/itkFEMLinearSystemWrapperVNL.cxx
to use the operator*() method of vnl_sparse_matrix<T>,
or make the mult() method of vnl_sparse_matrix<T> public again in your
copy of vxl.

Methods mult(), add() and subtract() of vnl_sparse_matrix<T> will
revert to "public" in the next vxl release, be it with a deprecation
warning.