[Insight-users] ITK 3.20 : Release Schedule : Code Freeze

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jul 10 17:26:25 EDT 2010

Hi Bill,

Good point,

I have added a (draft) schedule for an ITK 3.22 release:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_Schedule#Release_3.22_Schedule

Suggested for October 15th...
but it could as well be made in November...

This release will have to be really restricted to bug fixes,
since ITKv4 will be branched out of ITK 3.20, and any
features / classes added to ITK 3.22 will be tricky  to
integrate in ITKv4.

Here is what we are proposing as part of the
Migration plan:

---->[ ITK 3.20 ]------>[ ITK 3.22 ]

 [ ITKv4 Alpha 0.1 ]--->[ ITKv4 Alpha 0.2 ]....

We anticipate to make three or four Alpha releases
of ITKv4 before the end of the year.

I'll post more detailed docs in the Wiki in a minute.

And or course,
This is all open for discussion...