[Insight-users] 2D-3D registration

Baptiste Dépalle baptiste.depalle at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 05:01:17 EDT 2010

Dear ITK users,

I need to register a 3D CT-volume with a 2D X-ray of an inner 100 microns
thick slice of this volume.
First, I used itkSimilarity3DTransform to perform a 2D/3D registration but
since my voxel size is about 8 microns, the registration is done between a
100 and a 8 micron thick slice resulting in inaccuracy of the registration.
I can't use itkRigid3DPerspectiveTransform since I'd just want a projection
of an inner part of my 3D volume.
Is there a way to add a filter (such as itkRayCastInterpolationFunction
combined with itkRegionOfInterestImageFilter) after the transform in the
registration process ?

To the record, I used for 2D/3D registration the following components :
- itkMultiResolutionImageRegistrationMethod,
- itkSimilarity3DTransform,
- itkNormalizedCorrelatioonImageToImageMetric,
- itkLinearInterpolateFunction,
- itkRegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer,

Thanks,

Baptiste