[Insight-users] itkEuclideanDistancePointMetric bug or a feature ?

Peter eskimag at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 09:21:36 EDT 2010

Checking the <b>itkEuclideanDistancePointMetric for point based registration</b>
I found that the <b>points of the "movingPointSet" are transformed"</b> before
the distance is computed.

According to the documentation (8.3.1.) the direction of the transform optimized
for in the registration framework "is the one that maps points <b>from</b> the
<b>moving image</b>".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in this sense, for the ICP pointSet to pointSet
registration rather the fixed points should be transformed or an inverse
Transform (if existing) should be passed to the metric. Isn't it ?

Is this now a bug or a feature (for a general metric implementation) ?

Cheers,
--Peter

p.s. ITK version 3.16.