[Insight-users] linear solvers

Zoltan Seress seress.zoltan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 13:04:03 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I browsed the LinearSystemWrapper classes and I noticed that they are
restricted for square matrices. There is a SetSystemOrder(unsigned int)
method, which sets the row number and column number to the same value. Is
this for a good reason? I assume that for example vnl_lsqr.* can handle the
non-square cases as well. I write this, because I would like to use them in
this way.

And how should one know that LinearSystemWrapperVNL
or LinearSystemWrapperDenseVNL is the suitable one to use? How many zeros
(percentage?) have to be in a matrix to define it as a sparse matrix?

Zoli