[Insight-users] [Insight-developers] CMake config problem: ITK + GDCM 2 + VTK

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:31:33 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> It sounds like a mission for a "package manager"
> and an opportunity for modularizing GDCM...
>
> Maybe the piece of GDCM that depends on VTK
> should be a separate GDCM module
>
> Third party libraries shouldn't need to know
> from "where" they are used.

Luis,

  I believe this could solve the issue for people using only GDCM. But
this will not solve the issue for people using VTK-GDCM, this will
pull in the required VTK package (in order to compile) anyway.
  I believe the fix proposed by Karthik (and used for DICOMParser,
kwsys ...) is the correct way to go.

2cts
--
Mathieu