[Insight-users] Flood fill and Face-vertex representations for surfaces

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 21:34:44 EDT 2010

Hi Sid,

Indeed, I had misunderstood what you meant by "flood fill".

You might want to investigate
BasicFilters\itkTriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter. This filter converts
a (triangle) mesh to binary mask.

If you are not bound to ITK and require conversion of general polydata
to image (ie. not just triangles), you may want to investigate the
following class in VTK: Hybrid\vtkPolyDataToImageStencil.

HTH

Cheers, Dan