[Insight-users] ITK building twice?

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Sat Jul 31 14:51:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

I find that the sequence "cmake, make, make install" rebuilds ITK at
the "make install" step for some reason.  This doubles the build time
of an already-huge build.

Has anyone else noticed this and/or found a cure?

I'm building on linux systems -- it's the Debian package builds which
occur on a dozen platforms.  The build is perhaps unusual in that I
use cswig wrapping for tcl, python, AND java.

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=587184 for build
logs.

I don't know whether this is an ITK issue or a CMAKE issue.  I've been
trying -- without success -- to create a small test case to isolate
it.

Any clue or hint appreciated,
-Steve