[Insight-users] Structure Tensor in ITK

Jeff Donner jeffrey.donner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 08:47:38 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Sergio Vera <sergio.vera at alma3d.com> wrote:
> I'm in need of calculating the structure tensor (also called second moment
> matrix) of an image, and it seems that there is not a filter to compute it
> in ITK.
> I've seen the class itk::TensorRelativeAnisotropyImageFilter and I'm not
> sure if it may be related to the structure tensor?

I found that there was no structure tensor filter in ITK; perhaps
someone could point one out, it was a while since I used ITK. But, in
the meantime I hand-rolled my own (plain code, not filter):

  http://github.com/JDonner/gabbleduck

in gaussian.cpp and pipeline.cpp.

It's really too messy to actually recommend to anyone but, it exists
if you want to look at it. The names of things should be reasonable at
least.

Jeff