[Insight-users] correlation coefficient histogram metric on 2 images

Matt McCormick matt at mmmccormick.com
Fri Jun 4 13:23:16 EDT 2010

Zoltan Seress <seress.zoltan at ...> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> My problem is very simple. I have 2 images (same size) and I want to compute
the correlation coefficient between them. Can
itkCorrelationCoefficientHistogramImageToImageMetric class be used for this some
way? I do not need any registration process, only the simple CC value between
the images. Or does this class need an optimizer to work correctly?

> Thanks in advance!-- Zoli

Hi Zoli,

The itkCorrelationCoefficientHistogramImageToImageMetric is designed to be
capable of calculating the CC when images do not overlap and interpolation may
be required.  You could calculate the CC with a combination of
itkStatisticsImageFilter, then an ImageRegionIterator to subtract off the means,
multiply, divide by sigmas, and sum.