[Insight-users] INSTALLATION OF ITK

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Jun 11 00:00:00 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 1:22 AM, Karthik Palaniappan <
palaniappan.karthik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Karthik,
>
> My name is Karthik too. I am an EE student and this is the first time I'm
> using ITK. All I was told by my professor was to get it up and running. I
> followed the procedure as per the software guide and I am having problems in
> the cmake building process.  I had installed borland5.5 and downloaded the
> ITK softwares from the website by filling in Borlan5.5 when asked what
> compiler I was using, in the form before downloading. I am not able to
> locate the correct source file because the directions in the software guide
> is for version 2.4 while I am using the latest version.

There shouldn't be any differences in Getting started, or in the build
process itself. You would use CMake to point to the Source tree, ie the
directory that contains the top level CMakeLists.txt file,
GettingStarted.txt file etc...  Are you able to locate this directory.

Here is a PPT that contains a series of step by step screenshots, (albiet
from an older version of CMake/ITK, but the instructions should be nearly
identical).

   www.*itk*.org/CourseWare/Training/*GettingStarted*-I.pdf

Also, please CC the list, so that others may chime in, with more helpful
answers.