[Insight-users] Smoothing Vector Images

Merrem, Andreas andreas.merrem at medma.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jun 16 09:41:08 EDT 2010

Hi Bill and Sergio,

Thank you for your answers.

I tried using nth element adaptors and the VectorIndexSelectionCastImageFilter, but it doesn't make it faster, what takes time is really the smoothing itself (as you already expected).

Yes, I built both the itk library and the application in release mode. Do you think a second is a reasonable amount of time for smoothing 3 image volumes of size 256*256*22?

If anyone knows a smoothing filter that does Gaussian smoothing and works faster than the itk recursive filter (perhaps something in frequency space) that would be a great help.