[Insight-users] Big tiff images

Neal R. Harvey harve at lanl.gov
Wed Jun 16 10:50:12 EDT 2010

We deal with some very large remotely-sensed GeoTiff images and ITK does
not cope with
these very well. However, one way to cope with this is to use tiling.
ITK does not provide this functionality,
that I am aware of, but we have had great success using GDAL in this
regard (http://www.gdal.org/).
It is perfectly possible to combine GDAL and ITK, using GDAL for your
tiling I/O functionality and ITK
for processing the tiles as they are read in.

Cheers

Harve