[Insight-users] ITK and python - wrapITK

Andre Bongers a.bongers at mediri.com
Fri Jun 18 05:17:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

after some time i wanted to check out wrapITK for python again but have
some problems...
I cannot really get the python itk package to work, although I am simply using the biaries and it seemed pretty straight forward in the documentation.

I did the following:

I downloaded the WrapITK 0.3.0 binaries for Windows and installed them.
I downloaded the InsightToolkit-3.14 binaries and installed them.

I set my environment variables to
...wherethebinariesare\InsightToolkit-3.14\bin
I set my path to the py files by
sys.path.append("...wherethepyfilesare\\Insight_WrapITK 0.3.0\\lib")

Then I can do

import itk

without problems.

However, when I try

itk.Image.UC3

I get the error

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'swig'

What am I doing wrong ???

Would be great if anyone who is experienced with wrapITK could help me, since I am trying but don't really know where to look for a solution...

Thanks a lot!

Andre

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Günther
Handelsregister: 337863 Amtsgericht Mannheim
Ust-ID-Nr.:        DE 238569040