[Insight-users] vertebrae segmentation with GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetFilter

Paul pare85 at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 19 09:34:50 EDT 2010

Hello mailinglist,

I' m using the GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetFilter to segment
2D ct data of vertebrae. I can't find the right parameters to get a good
segmentation of the typical vertebra shape. Do you think, it is possible
to get a good segmentation of vertebrae with the
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetFilter? The following links show
some segmentation results, the input image and the mean shape image I'm
using. Maybe you can give me some advice how I have to change the
parameters. I tried some parameter combinations but did not get one
satisfying result.

input image:
http://250kb.de/qJsgisV

mean shape image:
http://250kb.de/e3leuKZ

segmentation result with seed points: 3 propagation=2 advection=3
curvature=1 shape=0.5 distance=5

http://250kb.de/oamCuus

segmentation result with seed points: 5 propagation=4 advection=3
curvature=1 shape=0.5 distance=5

http://250kb.de/KyAGhW7

Regards
Paul