[Insight-users] Regularization type with Demons

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jun 20 10:08:35 EDT 2010

Hi Miki,

The Demons filter takes advantage of the fact that a
Gaussian smoothing is "equivalent" to a L2 regularization.

Where "equivalent" here means: "is close enough"

If you want to replace this norm, you will have to make
significant modifications to the code of the Demons
filter.

It will be interesting to see if you find a way of refactoring
the filter in such a way that different types of regularization
can be used. That will be a great paper for the Insight
Journal  (http://www.insight-journal.org).     :-)