[Insight-users] Optimizing multiple parallel pipeline execution

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Mon Jun 28 11:36:40 EDT 2010

Hello!

I would like to know the best way to put the Update() call in the following
situation:

Let's suppose the following pipelines:

Img -> Filter1

Filter2

Filter3

I hope that the ASCII scheme is clear enough: An image is given to two
separated pipelines. Usually, I put the Update() call to the lastest filter
the pipelines (in this case I would put two separated  updates at Filter1
and Filter3) However, this would make the pipelines executed sequentially.

However, I've thought that if I put a single Update() Call on Img instead of
a Filter, maybe ITK's internal streaming/threading capabilities may be able
to optimize the pipeline's execution saving memory/time.

Is this possible?

Regards

--
Sergio Vera