[Insight-users] Problem with installation of VTK

Jeff Donner jeffrey.donner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 13:55:01 EST 2010

Try with your build or binary directory, not being in the vtk tree at all;

and actually, usually you don't build a package where you install it.
instead maybe untar it in your home directory,
make another, binary directory also in your home dir (you can delete
both of these later),
then, from your build dir point CMake at the source dir (which you've
done), and configure
it to install to /usr/local/vtk. Then build, and install.

... But to sum up, cmake might get confused if the build dir is within
the vtk source dir itself.