[Insight-users] how to use ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter

Baoyun Li baoyun_li123 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 14:56:14 EST 2010

Dear All:

I tried to use ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter. The output looks weird to me.

The input to the filter is binary image binary image with float type (255 as forground, 0 as background).

I tried narroow band on and off. However, the output of this filter gives very high value (10^38) for voxles inside the binary mask. Almost all the outside mask voxels has value zero.

Below is my code, can somebody tell where I made mistake.

Baoyun

**************************code************************
   typedef typename itk::ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter< FeatureImageType > DistanceFilterType;
   typename DistanceFilterType::Pointer DistanceFilter = DistanceFilterType::New();
   DistanceFilter->SetInput( thresholder->GetOutput() );
  // DistanceFilter->NarrowBandingOn();
  // DistanceFilter->SetNarrowBandwidth( 10 );
      try
    {
      DistanceFilter->Update();
    }
    catch( itk::ExceptionObject & excep )
    {
    std::cerr << "Exception caught !" << std::endl;
    std::cerr << excep << std::endl;
    }

  m_levelset2=DistanceFilter->GetOutput();