[Insight-users] imageregistration with mask fails because of all points outside of all points mapped outside of moving image

michiel mentink michael.mentink at st-hughs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 11:28:24 EST 2010

Dear all,

When running an image registration algorithm with mask, I get this error:

File:
/MMprogs/src/ITK_src/Code/Algorithms/itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric.txx
Line: 364
points mapped to outside of the moving image

I've traced this to the following problem:
in ImageMaskSpatialObject->IsInside(), all points are found outside of the
mask/image (?)

and this is because the boundingbox of the mask has bounding values of 0, 0,
0, 0, 0, 0, so indeed, there are no points that
can be found inside these values.

I am a bit stuck now, apparently, the mask that I created from a segmented
volume is not converted into a bounding box correctly.

Where do I check to find out why this is happening?

cheers,

Michael

ps: some more info about my data:

new moving image origin:    [0, 0, 0]
fixed image size:      [215, 172, 48]
fixed image origin:    [44.0625, 0, 0]
fixed image spacing:   [0.3125, 0.3125, 1.9808]
fixed image direction:
1 0 0
0 1 0
0 0 1

moving image size:      [512, 512, 52]
moving image origin:    [0, 0, 0]
moving image spacing:   [0.3125, 0.3125, 1.92911]
moving image direction:
1 0 0
0 1 0
0 0 1

image mask size:      [215, 172, 48]
image mask origin:    [44.0625, 0, 0]
image mask spacing:   [0.3125, 0.3125, 1.9808]
image mask direction:
1 0 0
0 1 0
0 0 1