[Insight-users] rigid2D registration fails to rotate images

Darren Weber darren.weber.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 19:45:07 EST 2010

I've got a couple of images that clearly need nearly 180 degree rotation for
registration, see:

ftp://anonymous@ftp.buckinstitute.org/dweber/section0004_w1.tif
ftp://anonymous@ftp.buckinstitute.org/dweber/section0005_w1.tif

The registration fails to rotate the images into alignment.  I'm using:

// Registration components
#include "itkImageRegistrationMethod.h"
#include "itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric.h"
#include "itkLinearInterpolateImageFunction.h"
#include "itkRegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer.h"
// Transforms
#include "itkCenteredRigid2DTransform.h"
#include "itkCenteredTransformInitializer.h"

What can I do about it?  Have I selected the wrong transform for rotations?

I've prepared a package of my test program and data for download here:
ftp://anonymous@ftp.buckinstitute.org/dweber/itkRegistrationTest.tar.gz

The program is built against ITK 3.16 (and it uses Boost).

TIA,
Darren