[Insight-users] how to use ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 6 17:31:34 EST 2010

Hi Baoyun,

The SignedDanielssonDistanceMapFilter computes the signed
distance map to the border of a binary mask, and do so for
the entire image domain.

The ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter computes the signed distance
to the Zero set represented in an input level set image, and do so
only for a narrow band of pixels around the zero set.  The default
width of the narrow band is 12.0.

BTW: Please note that the SignedMaurerDistanceMapFilter
will run faster than the SignedDanielssonDistanceMapFilter.