[Insight-users] Dynamic Threshold Filter

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Sun Mar 7 05:09:54 EST 2010

Thank you very much. It is remarkable what you are contributing to this
mailing list. One could say: You ARE the mailing list! I found out that
you actually are the author of the ITK book, so it seems you are THE man
anyway... :) I really enjoy working with this Kitware open source software.

You may remember that I am working with Paraview and write VTK plugins
that use ITK filters. However I found out that many of the image
processing is also available in VTK, like this median and subtraction
you mentioned. It seems that VTK and ITK has some intersection here. So
I will stick to the VTK version whenever possible.

I had some difficulties when using ITK filters anyway: Volume data that
comes back from ITK cannot be displayed as volume in VTK anymore:

Cannot volume render since no point (or cell) data available.

Despite everything works fine, I can only view the data in slices. This
is unfortunate since I finally managed to integrate Gaetens Analysis
functions, especially the RGB labeling (which requires many common
Gaeten-functions) as a plugin. With my superb ImageBox that's possible
for any image data by the way! :) To bad the result which I import back
to VTK can only be viewed in slices.

I see that this is likely more of a VTK or Paraview issue, so don't
bother. Actually I asked the VTK mailing list, but it seems that they do
not have a Luis Ibanez there... I will try the Paraview mailing list now.

Best regards.
Christian