[Insight-users] Concatenation of deformation fields?

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Wed Mar 10 10:52:42 EST 2010

Hi,

I have a quite interresting problem and I am not sure if it is solveable but maybe someone can help:

I made a rigid registration and converted the output to a deformation field, let us name it D_r^-1 (it is the inverse deformation because of inverse mapping). After that i made a nonrigid registration with the R_rigid^-1 as start deformation value, the output is the inverse deformation field of the rigid and the nonrigid registration, let us call it D_r,n^-1.

 My question is, is it possible to calculate the pure nonrigid deformation field D_n^-1 ?

Best regards