[Insight-users] vector image processing

Chr. Rossmanith cr at neuro.ma.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Mar 12 03:54:12 EST 2010

Hi,

I'd like to do a componentwise abs() of a vector valued image volume and
multiply it with a scalar image and save the result as 2D RGB images.
I'm unsure about the best way to do this.

What I've done so far:

read scalar image using ImageFileReader
read vector image using ImageFileReader
use VectorIndexSelectionCastImageFilter to extract each of the three
components
use AbsImageFilter on the components
use MultiplyImageFilter on that result and the scalar image
use ImageToVectorImageFilter to arrange the the scalar results into a vector

At this stage there rises a big '?'. How do I switch from vector to rgb?

The last steps are:

NumericSeriesFileNames for file name creation
ImageSeriesWriter to create PNGs

My first idea was to use a VectorToRGBImageAdaptor but then I've read
that it's not possible to connect an adaptor to an image writer.

Any hint is welcome.

Thank you,
Christina Rossmanith