[Insight-users] Question on TransformInitializer

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Fri Mar 12 04:30:53 EST 2010

Hello

I made a 3D registration of two CT data sets and use the Versor transform initializer and a image mask in my registration. The registration wroks in my most test data sets but now i want to improve the registration. I thought i could use the segmentation result also in the initializer but there is no SetMovingImageMask function in the initializer, so i first made the following: I multiplied the boolean image of the segmentation with the image before i give it to the initializer. The result of the initializer is very bad, the initial transformation transform the image so that no overlap appears. My second approach was to use the GetFixedCalculator() function of the initializer which gives me the moments calculator object back. The moments calculater has such a SetSpatialObjectMask function. The only problem is that the GetFixedCalculator() function returns a const pointer, using a const cast it compiles, but the result is the same as with multiplieing.

Any suggestions/explanations why this does not work?