[Insight-users] Contour extraction

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 19 10:38:29 EDT 2010

Hi Preben,

Well, I wouldn't call it    "wrong".

I would call it :    "Incomplete".

The Canny Edge detector still takes you half-way
to where you want to go.

Now you can take the Canny Edges from the digital
image and extract paths through them that can be
represented as poly-lines.

It is not uncommon for any image analysis task to have
to connect together multiple stages of intermediate
processing. That's indeed one of the reasons why we
use a data-pipeline architecture.

For a second stage, you may have to adapt some of
the classes that manage paths. For example:

Insight/Code/Common/

itkChainCodePath.h
itkChainCodePath.txx
itkChainCodePath2D.cxx
itkChainCodePath2D.h
itkFourierSeriesPath.h
itkFourierSeriesPath.txx
itkImageAndPathToImageFilter.h
itkImageAndPathToImageFilter.txx
itkOrthogonallyCorrected2DParametricPath.cxx
itkOrthogonallyCorrected2DParametricPath.h
itkParametricPath.cxx
itkParametricPath.h
itkParametricPath.txx
itkPath.h