[Insight-users] Performance regression ImageSeriesReader? (with test)

Roger Bramon Feixas rogerbramon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:52:44 EDT 2010

 This week we updated our ITK version from 2.8 to 3.16  and we noticed the
medical models are loading 2x slower using the 3.16 ITK version. We use
itk::ImageSeriesReader and the problem is focused in its Update() method.

I attached a simple test program which reproduces the problem and where we
can see that the Update() method is 2 times slower using ITK 3.16 vs. ITK
2.8.

We compiled both versions using Visual Studio 2008 on Windows XP 32bits and
 we don't known if this problem also occurs in other platforms.

I wonder if other itk users have this same performance problem and if there
is anybody can help us in order to solve it.

Thanks!

Roger