[Insight-users] convert DICOM series to 3D RAW

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 17:22:20 EDT 2010

Hi Marco,

Yes, indeed.

Download and compile InsightApplications package from itk.org
that matches your ITK version (let say 3.16.0).
Under  "InsightApplications-3.16.0/ConvertBetweenFileFormats"
you find what you are looking for.

If on Linux/UNIX, run (on MS Windows it should be similar).
./ConvertBetweenFileFormats inputImage outputImage

For your needs as the outputImage choose any output image format
that has a header and image body as two separate files.
Analyze75 (*.hdr) or *.mhd would work. Discard the headers
and take only image bodies. That would be your 3D image in raw format.

Just pay attention about endianness and bitness.

Enjoy,
Alex