[Insight-users] Performance regression ImageSeriesReader? (with test)

Roger Bramon Feixas rogerbramon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 07:10:49 EDT 2010

I did more tests using a MR perfusion data. I chose this study because the
header of each file is big ( there are a lot of private tags).

I show you the 3 tests using the same data but with some differences. In the
first test the codification is Little Endian Implicit, in the second one the
codification is Little Endian Explicit and the last one the codification
is Little Endian Explicit too but I anonymized it by Osirix in order to
reduce the size of the headers since Osirix anonymization removes all
private tags.

Mr Perfusion data test
======================

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3613789/perfusion_implicit_anonymized.zip
(The test crashs when the v2.8 is used. I did the test without anonymize it)

TransferSyntax: Little Endian Implicit
41,9MB
1080 Files

           Reading directory   UpdateOutputInformation
UpdateLargestPossibleRegion
Itk 2.8                 4070                         9
   4997
Itk 3.16                4096                     13096
  13655

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3613789/perfusion_explicit_anonymized.zip

TransferSyntax: Little Endian Explicit
41,9MB
1080 Files

           Reading directory   UpdateOutputInformation
UpdateLargestPossibleRegion
Itk 2.8                15439                        32
  17106
Itk 3.16               15510                     16049
  16770

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3613789/perfusion_anonymized_osirix.zip
Anonimized by Osirix. All private tags were removed.

TransferSyntax: Little Endian Explicit
36,9MB
1080 Files

           Reading directory   UpdateOutputInformation
UpdateLargestPossibleRegion
Itk 2.8                 3823                         8
   4590
Itk 3.16                3850                      4901
   5332

Roger