[Insight-users] Performance regression ImageSeriesReader? (with test)

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 12:33:44 EDT 2010

Brad,

I have an itk 2.8 checkout. The difference is due to the processing of
all files in the GenerateOutputInformation method. In the past, only
two files were processed. If I restrict the number of files to 2
rather that number of files, I get pretty reasonable speeds.

Roger,

As an experiment (and definitely not a fix!), can you in the method
void ImageSeriesReader<TOutputImage>
::GenerateOutputInformation(void)

change the line:
for ( int i = 0; i != numberOfFiles; ++i )
 for ( int i = 0; i != 2; ++i )

and rerun your tests.

Bill