[Insight-users] ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Mar 25 14:57:05 EDT 2010

Hi Michiel,

The multi-threaded registration metrics have been
heavily tested for more than two years now.

They are run Nightly on many of our Dashboard machines:
http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=itk

One of the common issues is that with their default
settings, they are very demanding in memory.

The first suspect here is that your available RAM may
not be enough for running these classes with their default
settings, and that you will have to turn off some of their
options.

---

Could you please elaborate more on the errors
that you found when running your registration ?

In particular:

1) Image data (for both fixed and moving images)

        origin, spacing, number of pixels

2) How much RAM do you have ?

3) Please post to the list the *exact* error
    message that you get when you run the
    registration.