[Insight-users] Iterating through a PolyLineParametricPath

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 27 13:58:55 EDT 2010

Hi Preben,

Not quite....

1) The Path classes represent the abstraction of a continuous curve.

2) The PolyLineParametricPath, when instantiated in 2-dimensions
    is composed of a sequence of 2D points.

3)  The separation between the points is arbitrary.

     It doesn't have to match the pixel size of an image.

4) You can "walk" along the path by using the classes

                itkPathConstIterator
                itkPathIterator

     when you use this class, and call the operator++,
     then you walk in the image, along the path, one
     pixel at a time. But those pixels do not have to
     correspond to the vertex that you used for creating
     the path.

      The PathIterator will *approximate* the straight
      lines of the PolyLinePath by using a sequence
      of pixels that closely follows the lines of the poly
      line path.