[Insight-users] Deformation field smoothing

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Mar 29 18:30:21 EDT 2010

Hi Miki,

Yes, this could be easily implemented.

Simply create a class that derives from the current
itkPDEDeformableRegistrationFilter and overload
the method:

template <class TFixedImage, class TMovingImage, class TDeformationField>
void
PDEDeformableRegistrationFilter<TFixedImage,TMovingImage,TDeformationField>
::SmoothDeformationField()

with one that implements the smoothing approach
that you want to use.

Note that you get the deformation field pointer with:

  DeformationFieldPointer field = this->GetOutput();

as shown in line 417 of  the file

   Insight/Code/Algorithms/
        itkPDEDeformableRegistrationFilter.txx

while you get access to the deformation update
by calling:

  DeformationFieldPointer field = this->GetUpdateBuffer();

as shown in line 490 of the same file.