[Insight-users] Hough Circle only work with PNG file?

Jiangtao Li nelfylee at gmail.com
Tue May 4 04:33:44 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I am trying to extract a circle from a small bmp image, the circle is very
clear and without any noise.

When I use Hough Circle of ITK to extract it, the result (radius and center)
is always wrong. Later,
I converted this bmp file to PNG file, and the algorithm works.

And also, I've tried other format suck as VTK file and JPG file. I found
hough algorithm only works with PNG file. I also changed different Image
Reader with different pixel type.

In this case, if I want to integrate Hough into my program, what kind of
internal image type should I use?
Did I miss something such as Spacing info? Please give me some suggestions!

Thank you very much

Best Regards!

Jiangtao