[Insight-users] modify deformation field

Ganesh Narayanasamy nganesh76 at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 10:36:55 EDT 2010

When i work with images of brain which hardly has any non-rigid component in it, i use affine transformation. However, most of the other organs need non-rigid transform and hence we use non-rigid transform for the whole image. If there are regions that undergoes only a rigid transform, the resulting deformation field should confirm that.

Is it possible for you to crop the image into 2 regions - one that can undergo only rigid transform and another that has all the degrees of freedom to transform? That way, you would have absolute assurance that the rigid organ has a rigid deformation field.

my 2 cents...
Ganesh

"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve" - Napolean Hill

-Ganesh
Narayanasamy,Ph.D., PostDoc-University of Kentucky Cancer Center

Earlier work:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070504133017.htm