[Insight-users] vector mean value of a mask region

Xi Liang liangxi1986317 at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 04:25:13 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I would like to assign a sub-region of an vector image (deformation field)
to its mean value, where I get this region from a manual segmentation mask.
 I can see this is not hard to implement, adding all vectors up and take the
mean value. Is there any existing filter can do this?

I have a brief read on the software guide and searching, and found
VectorMeanImageFunction could be related, but it only calculate the mean
value for each pixel from its neighbour.
 http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VectorMeanImageFunction.html

Kind regards,

Xi