[Insight-users] itk::ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator example of use?

Juan Cardelino juan.cardelino at gmail.com
Fri May 7 13:58:00 EDT 2010

I'm trying to use the
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter, I've been able to
succesfully run the examples. But when it comes to make my own
example, I'm not really sure how to compute the PCA mean shape and
modes with ITK. On the other hand, I have another code (in matlab)
that computes a PCA decomposition for signed distance functions but
I'm not sure how to write it in a suitable format to be read by
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter. I guess I have
write a sequence of mha images, but I'm not sure how to do it.

The only useful info I've found on the guide is:

"Given a set of training data, the itk::ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator
can be used to obtain
the mean and principal mode shape images required by
PCAShapeSignedDistanceFunction."

but it won't help much.

If anyone can throw me some pointers I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
                        Juan