[Insight-users] Fast pipeline VTK-ITK-VTK for 3D segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun May 9 17:11:12 EDT 2010

Hi Luigi,

                You must debug this by pieces.

Remove all the VTK code and verify first that your ITK
segmentation is actually generating the structures that
you expect.

Simply save the output segmented image into a file,
as illustrated in the example:

        Insight/Examples/Segmentation/
              ConnectedThresholdImageFilter.cxx

You have to start by making sure that the seed  point
is placed properly inside the anatomical structure
that you want to segment, and you must ensure that
the lower and upper thresholds are appropriate for
the intensity values of that structure.

There is no point in attempting to integrate the
ITK segmentation with the VTK visualization
if you have not verified the segmentation first.

Please let us know if you still find problems

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Luigi Gallo <luigi.gallo at na.icar.cnr.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I found many others threads in this list concerning the pipeline
> vtkImageData -> ITK segmentation -> VTK for visualization.
> However, I was unable to set up an effective working pipeline.
>
> This is my first attempt:

[snip...]