[Insight-users] Texture feature extraction

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Mon May 10 00:43:13 EDT 2010

Hi Mohammed,

I grepped the source code and found the following class which may prove useful:
    Code\Numerics\Statistics\ScalarImageTextureCalculator
or it's newer counterpart:
    Code\Review\Statistics\itkScalarImageToTextureFeaturesFilter.h

The class documentation reads:
    This class computes texture descriptions from an image.
    This class computes features that summarize the texture of a given image.
    The texture features are compute a la Haralick, and have proven to be useful
    in image classification for biological and medical imaging.

Alternatively, the following Insight Journal paper may be of interest:
    Run-Length Matrices For Texture Analysis
    http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/231

HTH

Cheers, Dan