[Insight-users] xxxxxSPAMxxxxx problem compiling ITK + VTK

董硕 sure_dong at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 05:29:36 EDT 2010

I'm pretty new to ITK. I checked out some resources on how to build ITK +
VTK,
but I've got some problem.

I build VTK with VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB = ON
configuring ITK with CMake without problem.
using downloadable version of ITK
using VisualStudio 6 (I'm sorry that's such an old version...)
when I build InsightApplications I always get the following error in the vtk2itk
project.
Thanks a lot for any light on it!

--------------------Configuration: vtk2itk - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
vtk2itk.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkObjectBase::Print(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (__imp_?Print at vtkObjectBase@@QAEXAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$cha
r_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z)
C:\ITK\bin\bin\Debug/vtk2itk.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Best regards,
Shuo Dong